Beaver Day 2024
Saturday, April 21, 2024
Volunteers are needed to come out to camp on April 21st to join in helping with projects that will prepare camp for the summer camping season. All you need to bring is yourself, work clothes, and a cheerful spirit to spend a day or two serving camp. Any additional tools to help with projects are also welcome.
Beaver Day is a chance for all Scouts, Leader, and Volunteers to come to Camp Decorah to assist in the maintenance of our great camp. We have many projects that need our attention, and we need your expertise in tackling those projects.
This a great a experience for everyone to work together to keep our camp the best it can possibly be. In the past few years, many improvements have been completed, some improvements are near completion, and some are still in the planning stage. This is your camp, please help with maintenance.
Anyone and everyone is welcome; any youth that attend are asked to attend with a parent or unit leader. RSVP’s are highly encouraged to ensure that we have enough food for lunch. RSVP by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Tentative Schedule (Saturday):
|8:00 AM||Check in at Dahl Hall (continental style breakfast will be available)|
|8:30 AM||Work crews start in areas|
|Noon||Lunch for everyone in Dahl Hall|
|1:00 PM||Crews resume work|
|4:00 PM||Projects are completed|
- Work on the path up the hill from Handicraft to Gebhardt lodge and shooting sports
- Clean up cabins by commissioners for usage by Camp Masters/Adult staff
- Paint and repair Gaga Ball
- Clear underbrush 2 feet back from the camp roads
- Remove the bunks from the Trading Post to make room for the Trades Courses.
- Split firewood and pick up wood that Joel/Peter have been cutting
- Add a fishing rod closet to the shed for both Camp and NASA. Repair roof on shed.
- Walk the nature trail and clear it along with putting up new markers.
- Using old tent frames to build firewood shelters at Brown Sea and Scoutcraft.
- Deep clean Dahl Hall. Dust blinds, floor edges etc.