Camp Host Program
Scouting volunteers are needed to help provide for an excellent weekend experience for Packs & Troops visiting Camp Decorah. The Camp Host is not expected to be knowledgeable in every area of camp. Being a friendly face, a good problem solver, and a passion for Scouting is all that is needed! Scouters with years of experience can be a helpful resource to units, providing them with ideas, stories, and advice on how to improve their camping experiences.
Duties would include:
- Check units in/out and act as the first point of contact for the units on the scheduled weekend
- Restock paper products and cleaning supplies as needed
- Promote program options to units (i.e. trails, fishing, etc). The units are responsible for conducting their own programming, with exceptions for special program area rentals
- Help be a good steward of resources by turning utilities on and off for groups visiting Camp Decorah
- Promote upcoming events at Camp Decorah
- Accept cash/check/credit card for camp merchandise if the Camp Steward cannot
- Conduct a checkout inspection for the Unit
- Report to the Camp Steward or Properties Committee any issues or damages that occur during the weekend
Camp Hosts Should:
- Be a registered Scouter and maintain current Youth Protection Training
- Attend Camp Host training prior to serving, have completed similar trainings for positions like Camp Staff or Commissioners. First aid training is recommended
- Be a strong communicator and problem solver
- Be able to commit to being on site at Camp Decorah from Friday later afternoon to Sunday mid-afternoon on the weekends serving, unless a campout is only reserved for one night
The Camp Host and their family are invited to stay in the Guest Lodge at Camp Decorah during the weekend they are serving as host. The Guest Lodge includes wireless internet, a bathroom and kitchen, and twin beds. Please plan to provide your own bedding, towels, and food.
When not assisting Scouting units who are visiting Camp - you are welcome to participate in all the outdoor recreation that Camp has to offer.
|1/7-8/23||Troop 110 in Executive Lodge||-|
|Troop 68 in Gebhardt Lodge||
|1/13-15/2023||Troop 21 in Training Center||-|
|1/20-21/2023||Jamboree group in OA Lodge and Training Center||-|
Troop 8211 (GSUSA) in Training Center
|1/20-22/2023||Troop 64 in Gebhardt||-|
|1/22-22/2023||Pack 77 in Training Center||-|
Troop 91 in Gebhardt Lodge,
Troop 7 in Executive Lodge
Pack 91 in OA Lodge
Troop 67 in Training Center
|5/5-7/23||Pack 91 in OA Lodge||-|
Note: The following survey is only to signal your interest, not a reservation. We will communicate with you further to plan your stay and your service.
|Camp Host Detailed Responsibilities||Further information about facilitating a weekend reservation||Download|
|Camp Host Program Flyer||Details about the Camp Host program.||Download|