Camp Host Program
Scouting volunteers are needed to help provide for an excellent weekend experience for Packs & Troops visiting Camp Decorah. The Camp Host is not expected to be knowledgeable in every area of camp. Being a friendly face, a good problem solver, and a passion for Scouting is all that is needed! Scouters with years of experience can be a helpful resource to units, providing them with ideas, stories, and advice on how to improve their camping experiences.
Duties would include:
- Check units in/out and act as the first point of contact for the units on the scheduled weekend
- Restock paper products and cleaning supplies as needed
- Promote program options to units (i.e. trails, fishing, etc). The units are responsible for conducting their own programming, with exceptions for special program area rentals
- Help be a good steward of resources by turning utilities on and off for groups visiting Camp Decorah
- Promote upcoming events at Camp Decorah
- Accept cash/check/credit card for camp merchandise if the Camp Steward cannot
- Conduct a checkout inspection for the Unit
- Report to the Camp Steward or Properties Committee any issues or damages that occur during the weekend
Camp Hosts Should:
- Be a registered Scouter and maintain current Youth Protection Training
- Attend Camp Host training prior to serving, have completed similar trainings for positions like Camp Staff or Commissioners. First aid training is recommended
- Be a strong communicator and problem solver
- Be able to commit to being on site at Camp Decorah from Friday later afternoon to Sunday mid-afternoon on the weekends serving, unless a campout is only reserved for one night
The Camp Host and their family are invited to stay in the Guest Lodge at Camp Decorah during the weekend they are serving as host. The Guest Lodge includes wireless internet, a bathroom and kitchen, and twin beds. Please plan to provide your own bedding, towels, and food.
When not assisting Scouting units who are visiting Camp - you are welcome to participate in all the outdoor recreation that Camp has to offer.
|Feb 24-26||NYLT Leadership Training Weekend||NA- Guest Lodge Reserved|
|Training Center, Wyant||
|March 19||Hagerman Hall- NYLT staff|
|March 24-26||Troop 33, OA Lodge|
Hagerman Hall, Pack 61 Pinewood Derby
Dahl Dining Hall, Pack 91 Pinewood Derby
|April 16||Hagerman Hall, NYLT Staff|
|April 21-23||Jamboree- OA, TC, and Hagerman|
|April 26-28||Challenge Academy|
|May 5-7||Pack 91 in OA Lodge|
Note: The following survey is only to signal your interest, not a reservation. We will communicate with you further to plan your stay and your service, to get you information about what days/times you'd need to be at camp, and to get contact information for the units you're helping.
|Camp Host Detailed Responsibilities||Further information about facilitating a weekend reservation||Download|
|Camp Host Program Flyer||Details about the Camp Host program.||Download|