National Youth Leadership Training
June 13-18, 2021
What is National Youth Leader Training (NYLT)?
National Youth Leadership Training is the pinnacle of Boy Scout training for youth. Every Troop deserves youth leaders that are trained and prepared for the responsibilities they face. The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what leaders must BE, what they must KNOW, and what they must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO. The skills come alive during the week as the team goes on a Quest for the Meaning of Leadership. A constant refrain of NYLT is “if you can see it, you can be it.”
Some of the skills in the course, in addition to leadership, are problem solving, making ethical decisions, valuing people and contributions, and many more.
A Scout must:
- Be 13 years old by June 13, 2021
- Achieve the First Class Rank
- Be capable to serve in, or currently serving in, Troop leadership roles (SPL, ASPL, PL, APL, etc.)
- Ready to be away from home for a week and engage in the program
A Venture Scout must:
- Be capable of serving in, or currently serving in, Crew leadership roles (President, Vice Pres., etc.)
Forms and Additional Information
|NYLT 2021 Flyer||Download|