October Council-Wide Roundtable
Roundtable Topic: Welcoming & Engaging Families
When parents and family members feel welcome and valued, they are more likely to stick around.
EVERYONE benefits when the entire family is involved in Scouting!
Roundtable will begin with a look at upcoming programming for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA Troops at Camp Decorah, as well as an overview of program supports and accommodations available at Camp.
Cub Scout Breakout: Welcoming New Families
- What could your pack do to make it more fun for new family members?
- What minimal expectations do you set for your pack’s parents?
- How do you communicate those expectations?
- What other methods could get and keep parents involved?
- What are the new Rank requirements and how should they be communicated to families? What about other Scouting awards?
Scouts BSA Breakout: Boards of Review
- How do you conduct a successful Board of Review? Who should and who should NOT participate?
- What can you do to help the Scout feel relaxed, comfortable, and ready to engage in a productive conversation?
- What open-ended questions have you found to be effective in encouraging a Scout to think about their journey?
- What are some other ways to get parent volunteers involved in your Scouts BSA Unit?
Bring ideas about these topics to share with other volunteers to Roundtable on October 13!
To RSVP and get the Zoom link,
send an email to email@example.com
If you have topics you would like discussed in future roundtables, please contact anyone on the Council-wide Roundtable Team: