Exploring Post 134 - Fire & EMS
Fire EMS Career Exploring combines exciting hands-on activities with interactions with aviation professionals representing a wide range of careers.
Each applicant needs to meet the Fire EMS Exploring Applicant Requirements
If you meet these requirements and want to apply...
CLICK HERE OR SCROLL BELOW TO RSVP FOR THE FIRST SESSION!
ONLY 20 SPOTS AVAILABLE IN THE FIRE / EMS PROGRAM!
Then, at the first session, you will receive the application packet which will include:
- The Exploring Youth Application
- The Fire and EMS Exploring Release and Waiver
- The Annual Health and Medical Form
- Envelope for payment of $75 Explorer Fee by check made out to BSA or pay by credit card at first session. Scholarships are available for families in financial need. Please contact lead advisor to request this.
- You will also receive the Program Guidelines and Post Manual
The Explorer Program meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 5:00 – 7:00pm from October through May (except on Thanksgiving and week before Christmas).
THE MOST POPULAR FIRE / EMS CAREERS INCLUDE
- Fire fighter
- Emergency services coordinator
- Shelter manager
- Ski patrol
- Search and rescue
- Fire inspector, investigator
The Fire Departments from the La Crosse County Fire Officers Association host a program to learn about Fire and EMS careers. These departments include:
- Brice Prairie EMS
- La Crosse
- West Salem