Exploring Post 3201 - Law Enforcement
Law Enforcement Exploring combines some classroom training with ride-alongs in police vehicles, pistol shooting, community policing, and much more. You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be an officer of the law.
Check out a typical Law Enforcement Exploring Schedule
The La Crosse Police Department hosts a program to explore careers in Law Enforcement that meets every other Monday from 6 – 8 pm, October through May each year (with some adjustments due to holidays).
Each applicant needs to meet the Law Enforcement Exploring Application Requirements
If you meet these requirements and want to apply...
CLICK HERE OR SCROLL BELOW TO RSVP FOR THE FIRST SESSION!
ONLY 20 SPOTS AVAILABLE IN THE LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM!
Then, at the first session, you will receive the application packet which will include:
- The Initial App for Acceptance
- The Exploring Youth Application
- The Law Enforcement Exploring Release and Waiver
- The Annual Health and Medical Form
- Envelope for payment of $80 Explorer Fee by check made out to BSA or pay by credit card at first session. Scholarships are available for families in financial need. Please contact lead advisor to request this.
- You will also receive the Guidelines and Post Manual
Check out other information at the La Crosse Police Department Explorer Post website.
Recap from Previous Years
- 2020-21 Summary
- 2019-20 Summary (year abbreviated due to Covid-19 restrictions)
- 2018-19 Summary
- 2017-18 Summary
- In the News
- La Crosse Tribune - "Police Department starts hands-on program for teens"
THE MOST POPULAR CAREERS OF INTEREST TO LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORERS
- City Law Enforcement Officers
- County Law Enforcement Officers
- State Law Enforcement Officers
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers & Special Agents
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts, Forensic Laboratory, Specialists & other vital support specialists