Scouting provides youth with outdoor adventure and activities that allow them to
- Try new things.
- Provide service to others.
- Build self-confidence.
- Reinforce ethical standards.
Impact of Scouting
In a study conducted by Baylor University, "Merit Beyond the Badge," found that Eagle Scouts are more likely than those who have never been in Scouting to:
- Have higher levels of planning and preparation skills, be goal-oriented, and network with others
- Be in a leadership position at their place of employment or local community
- Report having closer relationships with family and friends
- Volunteer for religious and nonreligious organizations
- Donate money to charitable groups
- Work with others to improve their neighborhoods
Learn more at Merit Beyond the Badge
Value of the Outdoors