Order of the Arrow - Ni-Sanak-Tani Lodge
Want to know what's happening in the lodge? View our latest newsletter by clicking the link below!
2022 Induction Weekends
Click one of the links below to learn more about your Induction into the Order of the Arrow!
2022 Unit Elections
Units can now schedule their OA election for 2022 online! Click the link below to learn more information.
Pay for your 2022 membership dues here! OA Dues & Golden Ticket
Key: Lodge/Council Events (Bold)
Section/National Events (Not Bold)
- Annual Banquet at Camp Decorah - January 8, 2022
- Winter Council of Chiefs at Kalahari Resort - January 29, 2022
- OA Fun Day at Jump Start Adventure Park - February 20, 2022
- Spring Council of Chiefs at Crystal Lake Scout Reservation - March 25-27, 2022
- OA Fun Day at Gale's Lanes - April 3, 2022
- GAC 100th Anniversary Camporee at Camp Decorah - May 6-7, 2022
- June Induction Weekend at Camp Decorah - June 9-10, 2022
- National Order of the Arrow Conference - July 23-31, 2022 (Conference from 7/25-7/30)
- August Induction Weekend at Camp Decorah - August 19-20, 2022
- Section C-1B Conclave at Crystal Lake Scout Reservation - September 16-18, 2022
- Oktoberfest Parking Lot Fundraiser - October 1, 2022
- Spook-o-Ree Snack Shack at Camp Decorah - October 15, 2022
Click on the following links for the latest information
New to the OA? Click here for more information: OA Jumpstart
The Mission and Purpose of the Order of the Arrow
The Order of the Arrow was founded in 1915 to serve a useful purpose: to cause the Scout Oath and Law to spring into action in all parts of the nation. To this day, the Order is dedicated to this high purpose.
History of the Order
The Order of the Arrow has a rich history spanning 100 years, from its beginnings at a Boy Scout summer camp to its present role as a part of the Scouting program.
Organization & Structure
The Order of the Arrow has over 150,000 members nationwide. Although the Order of the Arrow is a thing of the spirit, there are several layers of organization, each with its own role.
Ni-Sanak-Tani Lodge # 381 was founded in 1947 as the Braves of Decorah. The Lodge name was changed in 1995 to the “place where three rivers meet”.
Membership Requirements and the Inductions Process
OA is the only current organization where candidates for membership are selected by non-members as well as members. Elections are usually held between February and April, with the Call Out recognition during the spring district camporee. Youth are selected by an election in the troop (plus, starting 2/1/2019, in a crew or ship), performed by a trained election team from our Lodge. Adults are nominated for what they can do for the lodge, after the unit successfully elects a youth. Once a youth is elected, or an adult’s nomination is accepted, they have 12 months to perform their Ordeal, or they will have to be re-elected or re-nominated.
Click here to learn about the requirements to become an Arrowman, the induction process, and the levels of memberships within the Order.
The Order of the Arrow is led by youth leadership (national chief, national vice chief), the national Order of the Arrow chairman, the OA director and the OA specialist. In addition the national Order of the Arrow committee provides direction for the yearly program.