How to Participate:
- Bring recyclable metal to the following locations in June to support local Scouting (tbd).
- The first Saturday in June kicks off the Scrap-a-thon metal recycling drive for the month.
- Area businesses donate 1 metal bin’s proceeds
- Restaurants and pubs donate cans or any scrap
- Scout families with scrap metal
- Community members with scrap metal
- ANYONE with scrap metal!
See Flyer for locations in La Crosse, Holmen, and Tomah accepting metal donations on behalf of the Gateway Area Council, Scrap-a-thon fundraiser.
Metal to Donate:
- Company’s metal bin in June (Golden Bin Sponsor)
- Any metal except those than contain freon
- Good stuff: brass, copper, aluminum, steel
- Washers and dryers
- Aluminum cans
- Rain gutters
- Engine blocks, break pads, rotors, etc
- old machinery
- metal fencing
- metal shelving
- metal roofing
- old metal sheds
- old bicycles
- wheel barrels
- old metal desks
- file cabinets
- bed frames
- EVERYTHING METAL (except that which contains freon)