Life to Eagle
As the highest BSA Rank, Eagle Rank shows what the Scout has learned and done through their Scouting career and service through leadership, including the Eagle Project.
Eagle Rank Advancement is a demonstration of character, ability, and leadership.
This website has all the forms and form links needed for the Eagle Rank Advancement
Information listed here is what a Scout needs to do for their Eagle Advancement:
- Eagle Project Proposal, Plan, and Project Report
- Eagle Rank Application and Attachments
- Council Eagle Project Map Entry, Project Picture, and Scout Picture
- Eagle Board of Review
IMPORTANT - USE ONLY THE PROCEDURE STEPS AND FORMS ON THIS PAGE.
NOTE - THERE IS A NEW EAGLE WORKBOOK FILLABLE PDF AS OF JANUARY 2021
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER COUNCIL'S OR OTHER WEBSITE'S FORMS, AS YOU MAY MISS INFORMATION OR CREATE ERRORS.
* COVID-19 INFORMATION: Please reference the following Scouting.org web page for most Covid-19 questions:
Scouting.org web page on Covid-19 questions
If you need to get an extension past your 18th birthday due Covid-19 restrictions, please send a request in writing to Nikki Burk at the Scout Office including your name, email, phone #, and reasoning for extension.
Eagle Forms & Documentation Council Address
All Eagle Project Proposals, Eagle Advancement Applications, Workbook Files, Council Eagle Project Map Entry, Eagle Application Attachments, and Reference Form Letters should be sent to the council office to Nikki Burk.
By e-mail: Nikki.Burk@scouting.org
By US Mail:
Gateway Area Council
attn: Nikki Burk
2600 Quarry Rd
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
OR By Paper Form drop off to Council Office: at 2600 Quarry Rd, La Crosse
Task Checklist for Eagle Rank
Start here with the Gateway Scouting Checklist for the BSA Eagle Rank.
Eagle Project Workbook
Feb 2023 version below
Note on the fillable Project Workbook PDF - If you get a message saying "Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document", To fix this, do the following:
- - click on the down-arrow download button and save the file to your computer.
- - open up Adobe Reader
- - choose "File, Open" and locate the file on your computer. You should now have access to the pdf.
The scout will also need: Eagle Scout Service Project – Information for Project Beneficiaries, No. 510-025
Eagle Rank Application Process
- Complete the Project workbook including project plan sections and completed project report, including all approval signatures.
- Compete the Eagle Scout Rank Application No. 512-728
- Create a file of the Eagle Scout Rank Application Attachments. Attachments to the Eagle Scout Rank Application are items used to improve the Scout’s Eagle Board of Review by providing information in advance to the Board explaining and illustrating the scout’s character, use, and application of the scout oath and law. The scout must include The Scout’s Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose which can be as short or long as the scout wishes; it should describe the scout’s vision of their future and can be a good place to describe how the their scouting experience has shaped that vision. The scout should include a Listing of Positions Held or significant activities in your religious institution, school, camp, community, or other organizations, during which you demonstrated leadership skills. Include honors and awards received during this service.
There is no form for these attachments. Here is a council help file for the scout’s use to get started:
Eagle Scout Application Rank Attachments Gateway Council Help File
- From the references list on the Eagle Scout Rank Application, the scout must provide to each reference the appropriate form below, and an addressed envelope with postage for return to the scout office. Ask each reference to send the Reference Letter to the council office on the Scout's behalf.
All reference letters need to be sent back to the Gateway Council Office either by email to Nikki.Burk@scouting.org or by mail. (Please make sure they are not sent to the parent, scout, or scout leaders.)
Gateway Area Council, attn: Nikki Burk, 2600 Quarry Rd, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
- Reference Form - Scoutmaster
- Reference Form - Parents
- Reference Form - Principal or Teacher
- Reference Form - Religious
- Reference Form - Other
- Eagle Project Council Map and Pictures
Please complete the Eagle Project Submission Form and attach photos for the Eagle Project Map
View the Eagle Project Submissions Report.
Board of Review
Once the Project Workbook, Eagle Rank Application, Attachments, and council project map and pictures are complete, the Scout will be contacted to schedule their Board of Review.
Any questions, please contact:
|2023 Eagle Service Workbook||Download|
|Office Team Member||Nikki Burk||(608) 784-4040|