Life to Eagle
Scouting provides a series of surmountable obstacles and steps in overcoming them through the advancement method. The Scout plans his advancement and progresses at their own pace as they meet each challenge. The Scout is rewarded for each achievement, which helps gain self-confidence. The steps in the advancement system help a Scout grow in self-reliance and in the ability to help others.
The information provided here is what a Scout needs for their:
- Eagle Project
- Eagle Rank Application
- Eagle Project Map
- Eagle Board of Review
MOST IMPORTANT - PLEASE USE ONLY THE STEPS AND FORMS ON THIS PAGE. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER COUNCIL'S OR OTHER WEBSITE'S FORMS.
Checklist for Eagle Rank
Start here with the Gateway Scouting Checklist for the BSA Eagle Rank
Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, No. 512-927
Note on the fillable Project Workbook PDF - If you get a message saying "Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document", To fix this, do the following:
- - click on the down-arrow download button and save the file to your computer.
- - open up Adobe Reader
- - choose "File, Open" and locate the file on your computer. You should now have access to the pdf.
Eagle Rank Application Process
1. Compete the Eagle Scout Rank Application No. 512-728
2. Include an Eagle Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose along with the Listing of Positions Held in your religious institution, school, camp, community, or other organizations, during which you demonstrated leadership skills. Include honors and awards received during this service.
3. Have the following Reference Letters sent to the councl office on the Scout's behalf.
All reference letters need to be sent back to the Gateway Council Office either by email to Nikki.Burk@scouting.org or by mail. (Please make sure they are not sent to the parent, scout, or scout leaders.)
Gateway Area Council, attn: Nikki Burk, 2600 Quarry Rd, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
- References Form - Scoutmaster
- References Form - Parents
- References Form - Principal or Teacher
- References Form - Religious
- References Form - Other
Eagle Project Map
Please complete the Eagle Project Information Form and attach photos for the Eagle Project Map
Board of Review
Once all of the Eagle Rank Application pieces are complete, the Scout will be contacted to schedule their Board of Review.
Any questions, please contact:
|Office Team Member||Nikki Burk||(608) 784-4040|